Sunday, July 3, 2011

6 days to go...

A week from now I should be recovering from whatever race I have on Saturday - maybe nursing a re-injury or hopefully, just some tender, tired muscles.

Like Luke with Yoda on his back, I just had a nice long hike in Lynn Valley with my daughter on my back. While she looked around pointing at every dog along the way I started to think about my pre-race routines. A massage on Monday is the first step for me. After that I have a few race week runs I usually do, some key meals, some restful nights, especially the two nights pre-race, and I try to make sure I'm up and about for race time each morning.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on race week. What do you do?



3 comments:

  1. Go heavy on the donuts and plyometrics.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear mrC wakes up extra late on race day and skips breakfast and coffee. Hey, whatever works for ya. It certainly worked for him last KK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, KL. I was wondering what his real secret was. I think his real secret is that there is no secret. mrC could off the couch and run the KK in the same time without any training. He's a quadulous animal. It helps that he lost 1100 lbs. too.

    ReplyDelete