Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4 days to go...

It's looking more and more like I'm going to toe that start line Saturday.

Had the pleasure of running into Dave "the entire Broadway Run Club" Papineau this morning and congratulate him on his brilliant finish at Western States last week. When I asked him if it was as hard as he may have previously thought he didn't right out say no, but he said his nutrition/hydration were spot on (check out his fueling plan here)...and of course he credited Hozumi for his brilliant pacing.

This started me thinking about my nutrition/hydration for the upcoming weekend. Although the forecast is not currently for beating sun and heat it will still be warm and humid and could result in some serious cramping and fatigue. I don't have a lot of secrets, but I did pick up some coconut water and a $5 power cookie from Whole Paycheque. If I can get my crew, the Lazy Trailer Runner, out of bed on time I'll have him keep me hydrated and fed throughout. Hopefully he doesn't eat my power cookies.

The Knee Knacker aid stations look great though, and I'm lucky enough not to have stomach issues. If I need extra food I can always enjoy a little more than just flat coke.

Reminder amazing Knacker Crew: Please take the lid off the Coke before I arrive. The Orcas people forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment